After playing the game of Genshin Impact for a little while, you may want some new characters. To unlock them, you will need to use the game’s Gacha system called Wishes and spend Primogems on the in-game lottery.
About Wishes in Genshin Impact
Wishes in the game of Genshin Impact are the Gacha system. Apparently, there are two main types of the Wishes. Those two main types of the Wishes are the permanent Standard Wish, Wanderlust Invocation, and limited-time Event Wishes for the characters and weapons.
When you want to unlock some new characters in the game of Genshin Impact, you are able to use the game’s gacha system called Wishes, and also spend Primogems on the in-game lottery. Although this system does not need you to spend the real-world money, you might be obsessed to do so. If you try it without understanding how the system works, easily you are able to spend an extreme amount of money far too quickly.
Availability of the Wishes
The permanent Standard Wish, Wanderlust Invocation is always available and needs Acquaint Fate to pull from it. Usually, the Beginners’ Wish is available indefinitely until all 20 pulls are made. It possesses a 20 percent discount on the Acquaint Fate required to pull, and also guarantees the player to get Noelle character and one other 4 or 5-star character within the 20 pulls.
The Limited-time Event Wishes consists of two banners. The first one for the characters and another one for the weapons. They are available for a limited time. Generally, Event Wishes need Intertwined Fates instead of Acquaint Fates.
The Character Event Wishes have one promotional 5-star character and three featured 4-star characters. The Weapon Event Wishes have two promotional 5-star weapons and five 4-star featured weapons. The promotional 5-star and featured 4-star items are going to have an increased probability for the players to pull them once compared to the basic rates when the guarantees are factored in.
The players are able to purchase the Fates for 160 Primogems each in the Wishes menu or through Paimon’s Bargains. Also, there are in-game methods of getting Fates. You are able to see their respective pages for more information.
Current Event Wishes
Character Event Wish (February 17, 2021 – March 2, 2021):
Dance of Lanterns
Dance of Lanterns event wish boosted Drop Rate for Driving Thunder Keqing (Electro). In this Dance of Lanterns event wish, the 5-star promotional character “Driving Thunder” Keqing (Electro) is going to get a huge drop-rate boost. During this Dance of Lanterns event wish, the 5-star character “Driving Thunder” Keqing (Electro) and the 4-star characters “Trial by Fire” Bennett (Pyro), “Eclipsing Star” Ningguang (Geo), and “Shining Idol” Barbara (Hydro) will be able to have their Wish drop rates extremely increased.
Weapon Event Wish (February 3, 2021 – February 23, 2021):
You have to stock up on the weapons and characters in the Epitome Invocation event wish to create your party stronger in combat. In this Epitome Invocation event wish, the event-exclusive 5-star sword Primordial Jade Cutter and the 5-star polearm Primordial Jade Winged-Spear are going to have their Wish drop rates extremely increased.
Upcoming Event Wishes
Weapon Event Wish (February 23, 2021 – March 16, 2021):
You have to stock up on the weapons and characters in the next event wish Epitome Invocation to make your party stronger in combat. In this event wish, there are some new weapons which are available including Staff of Homa (5-Star Polearm), Lithic Blade (4-Star Claymore) and Lithic Spear (4-Star Polearm).
Promotional Character Wish
Limited or event wishes have one promotional five star character and three featured four star characters.
|Item||Base Rate||Average Rate
|4-star Character or Weapon||5.1%||13%|
- 4-star drop guarantee: If a player does not win any 4-star or above item after 9 pulls, so the tenth pull is guaranteed to be a 4-star or higher item. This counter is going to reset if the player pulls any 4-star or above item.
- Featured 4-star character guarantee: Every time a player gets a 4-star item, there is a 50% opportunity it will be one of the featured 4-star characters. If the four star item won is not one of the featured characters, then the next four star item won is guaranteed to be one of the featured characters. Therefore, it needs a maximum of 20 pulls to get a featured banner character.
- 5-star drop guarantee: If a player does not get any 5-star item after 89 pulls, then the ninetieth pull is guaranteed to be a 5-star item. This counter is going to reset if the player pulls any 5-star item. For note: Promotional character banners do not consist of the five star weapons in their item pool.
- Promotional 5-star character guarantee: Every time a player gets a 5-star item, there is a 50% opportunity it will be the promotional 5-star character. If the five star item won is not the promotional character, then the next five star item won is guaranteed to be the promotional character. So, it will require a maximum of 180 pulls to win the promotional banner character.
- Counter and Guarantee carry-over: Each banner of the same type will share the above counters and guarantees. It means that your counters for the current promotional character banner are carried over to the next promotional character banner, but not the promotional weapon banner or the standard wish.
In an example, if one pulls 89 four star weapons on promotional character banner A, then the first pull on the next promotional character banner B will be a guaranteed five star Genshin Impact character. It means that if you pulled a non-promotional five star character on banner A, then the next five star character on the promotional banner B can be guaranteed.
Well, the text above is an explanation about Wishes in the game of Genshin Impact. Read other articles on our site to get more information.