In Genshin Impact, there is a Star of Destiny which is the third and final phase of the Unreconciled Stars event. It can be unlocked after you can complete the event quest What the Skies Conceal, the Water Reveals. In this phase, you are able to complete the Fallen Star challenge in solo player or Co Op mode for getting Fading Star’s Essence.
How to Complete The Fallen Star Challenge
Now, it is time for you to complete the Fallen Star challenge. In the Fallen Star challenge, your goal is to be able to eliminate waves of mobs in the 10 minutes time limit. Below, you are able to follow the steps to complete the Fallen Star challenge in Genshin Impact.
- First, you have to beat the monsters to accumulate Fallen Star Energy.
- You have to press the T key or use the deposit icon in the Fallen Star energy deposit area to deposit the accumulated energy.
- It is important for you to know that the amount of energy which is able to be transported is limited. So, you have to make sure that you drop your energy off quickly.
- If you are hit during the energy deposit, it will be interrupted. And here, you will lose some of the energy in your possession. An interruption during the deposit can even make you lose all your energy under the influence of some astral anomaly. So, you have to keep watch while depositing.
Same as each start of a challenge, one of astral anomalies including Interruptions, Inauspicious Star or Orbital Shift will happen randomly.
While channeling the energy transference, if you are hit by an enemy, it will interrupt the process and you will be only able to transfer a small amount of the energy.
- Inauspicious Star
It can increase the amount of energy that you are able to save. However, if you are hit when you are channeling, it will make you lose all the energy that you have collected. Besides, the submission or transference point will also be under the Fallen Star (giant meteor).
- Orbital Shift
There will be some submission or transference points. Usually, they come up around the area.
Prior to beginning a Fallen Star challenge, there are also some extra buffs that can occur.
- Heroic Starburst
It can increase the attack of a random character. Near the characters will also have their attack stat increased.
- Fecund Starburst
It can speed up the energy submission rate of a random character and nearby allies.
If you have completed the Fallen Star challenge, you are able to spend 40 Original Resins to get Fading Star Essence and other rewards. The rewards that will be obtained by players vary because it depends on the AR of the players. You are able to use Fallen Star Essence in the Event Store to be exchanged for Skill Upgrade Materials and Weapon Upgrade Materials.
If you want to watch how others complete this challenge, you are able to access Youtube and watch some videos about completing the Fallen Star challenge there.
Completing Fallen Star Challenge in Solo Vs Co op
The Fallen Star challenge can be completed in solo or with a group through online co-op in Genshin Impact. You are able to choose to do it as you want whether solo or co op. However, it seems that if you do it in co-op, it will be easier. Even though you are uncertain about how good your teammates are or whether you have got an ideal party setup or not, the process to complete this challenge will be a lot faster since there are more human players involved in the game.
If you decide to solo play, the process of completion will take a while. You will have one active character regardless of swapping around. It means that all mobs beeline for them. The interruptions which are unlocky can also ruin your progress. If you open your menu to eat, it can lead to a character taking damage or even dying.
Fading Star Essence as a Reward of Fallen Star Challenge
As we explained earlier that the reward that you can get from completing the Fallen Star challenge is that you are able to spend 40 Original Resin to get the rewards namely Fading Star’s Essence. The completion of every Fallen Star activity nets you 200 Adventure EXP, 40 Companionship EXP and 44 Fading Star’s Essence.
These rewards are a large amount of rewards and you surely do not want to pass it. The reason is simple after you see the Unreconciled Stars event shop. Here they are.
- Rare or blue talent level up materials cost four Fading Star’s Essence. You are able to buy them up to a dozen of each.
- Legendary or purple talent level-up materials cost 12 Fading Star’s Essence. You are able to buy them up to four of each.
- You are also able to obtain the 5-star Crown of Sagehood talent level up materials for 110 Fading Star’s Essence.
- You are able to obtain up to 100 mystic enhancement ores. Each one of them costs just a single piece of Fading Star’s Essence.
Obtaining Fischl For Free After Completing Fallen Star Challenge
Do you want to obtain Fischl? If so, you have to complete the Prinzessin’s Pact missions, one of the requirements of which is to complete the Fallen Star Challenge 7 times. It is important for you to know that if you complete this challenge a lot of times, it can wear down your Resin quickly. So, you have to make sure that you save up if you want to get this character quickly.
Here are the steps to obtain Fischl for free in Genshin Impact.
- First, you have to complete the Star of Destiny quest.
- After that, you need to complete the Meteorite Salvage challenge from the event panel 14 times.
- And then, you have to complete the Fallen Star challenge seven times.
After you do all of these things, you will obtain Fischl for free or her constellation.