Slingshot is counted as one of the bows in the game called Genshin Impact. This one is usually used for hunting targets from afar, making it possible for you to cause damage and poke the enemies from afar while you are maintaining a safe distance.
Even though it is not that strong compared to the other weapons, it is still a force that you can consider since its ability to deliver fast and continuous attacks that can give enemies a hard time. Unfortunately. Not all playable characters are able to equip Slingshot. The only ones that can do that are the certain ones with specialty in using the weapon in the battle such as Venti, Fischl, and Amber.
The Details of Slingshot
- Description: “A bow, despite the name. After countless experiments and improvements to the design, the creator of the ultimate slingshot found himself to have made what was actually a bow.”
- Weapon Type: Bow
- Weapon Rarity: 3-star
- Series: Independent
- Passive Bonus: Slingshot
- Passive Bonus Effect: The DMG is increased by 36/42/54/60% if a Normal Attack or Aimed Shot hits a target within 0.3 seconds of being fired, otherwise, the DMG is decreased by 10%.
- Base ATK (level 1): 38
- Secondary Stat Type: CRIT Rate
- Secondary Stat (level 1): 6.8%
- Method to Obtain: Gacha
- Playable Characters that can use Slingshot: Venti, Fischl, Amber
The Ascension of Slingshot
- Ascension Phase: 1
Level: 20 – 40
Weapon Ascension Material: x2 Luminous Sands from Guyun
Common Material 1: x2 Hunter’s Sacrificial Knife
Common Material 2: x1 Damaged Mask
- Ascension Phase: 2
Level: 40 – 50
Weapon Ascension Material: x2 Lustrous Stone from Guyun
Common Material 1: x8 Hunter’s Sacrificial Knife
Common Material 2: x5 Damaged Mask
- Ascension Phase: 3
Level: 50 – 60
Weapon Ascension Material: x4 Lustrous Stone from Guyun
Common Material 1: x4 Agent’s Sacrificial Knife
Common Material 2: x4 Stained Mask
- Ascension Phase: 4
Level: 60 – 70
Weapon Ascension Material: x2 Relic from Guyun
Common Material 1:x8 Agent’s Sacrificial Knife
Common Material 2: x6 Stained Mask
- Ascension Phase: 5
Level: 70 – 80
Weapon Ascension Material: x4 Relic from Guyun
Common Material 1: x6 Inspector’s Sacrificial Knife
Common Material 2: x4 Ominous Mask
- Ascension Phase: 6/MAX
Level: 80 – 90
Weapon Ascension Material: x3 Divine Body from Guyun
Common Material 1: x12 Inspector’s Sacrificial Knife
Common Material 2: x8 Ominous Mask
The stat progression of Slingshot
|Level||Base ATK||CRIT Rate%|
The Acquisition of Slingshot
- You are able to obtain 1-3 star weapons as drops or looted from chests, bought from merchants in the open world.
- You are able to obtain 4 star weapons from wishes and by forging it from a blacksmith NPC (non-playable character).
- You are able to obtain 5 star weapons mainly through wishes or gacha pulls.
- You are able to obtain Slingshot by gacha.
The Combat Mechanic of Slingshot
- The normal attack of the bow is able to chain up to 5 quick mid-range attacks.
- All the playable characters who can use the bow are able to charge up a strong attack by holding the attack button in order to infuse their element to the arrow and releasing it to let the charged attack. You are allowed to aim for an accurate attack against your target by this kind of attack.
The Notes and Trivia of Slingshot
- You are able to increase the base level of a weapon by consuming the other weapons or by using weapon enhancement materials.
- You are able to refine the weapons by consuming the same weapon. After consuming, the rank of the weapon’s passive effect is increased up to the maximum of level 5.
- You are able to ascend the upon after reaching the maximum level of the current level. This one is able to be ascended for up to six times that has a maximum of level 90. You will have to spend the main currency of the game called Mora. Aside from that, it is also a must to spend materials if you want to ascend the weapon. Keep in mind that ascending further will increase the stats of the weapon.
About Bows in Genshin Impact
Bows refer to the one of the five possible weapons that can be used by the characters in the game. Usually, they boast long ranged attacks in the game, with the ranged attacks that are capable of hitting monsters as far as they are able to see with the appropriate aim.
In Genshin Impact, there are some other bows apart from Slingshot. Here is the list of the other ones:
- Amo’s Bow (5-star bow)
- Skyward Harp (5-star bow)
- The Viridescent Hunt (4-star bow)
- Royal Bow (4-star bow)
- Blackcliff Warbow (4-star bow)
- Favonius Warbow (4-star bow)
- The Stringless (4-star bow)
- Sacrificial Bow (4-star bow)
- Rust (4-star bow)
- Prototype Crescent (4-star bow)
- Compound Bow (4-star bow)
- Messenger (3-star bow)
- Recurve Bow (3-star bow)
- Raven Bow (3-star bow)
- Sharpshooter’s Oath (3-star bow)
- Seasoned Hunter’s Bow (2-star bow)
- Hunter’s Bow (1-star bow)
For more information about Slingshot and the other bows in the game, you are recommended to go to the communities or forums of the game to dig out everything. In case you have some questions to ask, do not hesitate to visit the same places. Visiting the communities or forums is more recommended compared to reaching out the representative of the developers due to the high chance of you getting respond quickly. They usually require you to sign in so please do so and sign up if you do not have any accounts.