There are a lot of bows in the game developed by miHoYo called Genshin Impact and Messenger is one of them. This item is mostly used for hunting targets from afar so that the player can inflict damage and poke opponents from afar while they are still maintaining a safe distance.
If you compare Messenger to the other weapons, Messenger is still lacking, but it is still worth using due to the fact it is so good at delivering fast and continuous attacks that can overwhelm opponents. Just like most bows in the game, not all playable characters can equip this bow. The characters with specialty to use the weapon in the battle are the only ones that are allowed to use this bow. If you are wondering about the characters, those include Venti, FIschl, and Amber.
The Details of Messenger
- Description: “A basic wooden bow. It is said to have once been used as a tool for long-distance communication.”
- Weapon Type: Bow
- Weapon Rarity: 3-star
- Series: Independent
- Passive Bonus: Archer’s Message
- Passive Bonus Effect: According to Wiki, Aimed Shot hits on weak spots deal an additional 100/125/150/175/200% ARK DMG as CRIT DMG. The effect is only able to happen once every 10 seconds.
- Base ATK (Level 1): 40
- Secondary Stat Type: CRIT DMG
- Secondary Stat (Level 1): 6.8%
- Method to Obtain: Chest
- Playable Characters that can use Messenger: Venti, Fischl, Amber
The ascension of Messenger
- Ascension Phase: 1
- Level: 20 – 40
- Mora: 5,000
- Weapon Ascension Material: x2 Mist Veiled Lead Elixir
- Common Material 1: x2 Mist Grass Pollen
- Common Material 2: x1 Treasure Hoarder Insignia
- Ascension Phase: 2
- Level: 40 – 50
- Mora: 10,000
- Weapon Ascension Material: x2 Mist Veiled Mercury Elixir
- Common Material 1: x8 Mist Grass Pollen
- Common Material 2: x5 Treasure Hoarder Insignia
- Ascension Phase: 3
- Level: 50 – 60
- Mora: 15,000
- Weapon Ascension Material: x4 Mist Veiled Mercury Elixir
- Common Material 1: x4 Mist Grass
- Common Material 2: x4 Silver Raven Insignia
- Ascension Phase: 4
- Level: 60 – 70
- Mora: 20,000
- Weapon Ascension Material: x2 Mist Veiled Gold Elixir
- Common Material 1: x8 Mist Grass
- Common Material 2: x6 Silver Raven Insignia
- Ascension Phase: 5
- Level: 70 – 80
- Mora: 25,000
- Weapon Ascension Material: x4 Mist Veiled Gold Elixir
- Common Material 1: x6 Mist Grass Wick
- Common Material 2: x4 Golden Raven Insignia
- Ascension Phase: 6/MAX
- Level: 80 – 90
- Mora: 30,000
- Weapon Ascension Material: x3 Mist Veiled Primo Elixir
- Common Material 1: x12 Miss Grass Wick
- Common Material 2: x8 Golden Raven Insignia
The Stat Progression of Messenger
|Level||Base ATK||CRIT DMG%|
The Best Bow in Genshin Impact
As stated before, there are currently three characters who use bows, but the list will be growing in the future. From now, there are only two 5-star bows in the game: Amos’ Bow and Skyward Harp. Each of them is amazing as they have base damage that is higher compared to the other bows. You are able to get both of them through wishes.
- Amos’ Bow: This one has a passive ability known as Strong-Willed which is so good at increasing damage for regular and aimed shots. It is also able to increase damage the father away the opponent is.
- Skyward Harp: This one has the Echoing Ballad passive that can increase the critical damage and gives an opportunity for the crits to have an area of effect.
In the game, there are a few excellent 4-star bows as well. The methods to obtain them vary. You can get some through wishes, get some by crafting through the blacksmith, and some other can be found through Battle Pass.
- Blackcliff Warbow: This one is able to increase the attack by 12% for 30 seconds after defeating an opponent. Keep in mind that it is able to stack up to three times and each of them has different times. This bow encourages aggressive play.
- Rust: This one is helpful for those who love to use bows up close. The normal attack damage is increased by 40%, but the aimed shot damage is decreased by 10%. In other words, you will be firing at point blank range.
- The stringless: Both elemental skill and elemental burst damage are increased by 24%. It is such a good one that you can use on opponents that are weak to a certain element.
- The Viridescent Hunt: There is a 50% chance of the normal and aimed shots to generate a cyclone once every 14 seconds. It is after hitting an opponent. The most recommended method is to group the opponents together with the cyclone and then hit them with an AoE attack from another character.
Besides the 4-star bows, the 3-star ones can also work well against most opponents that you see in the game. Aside from the Messenger, the other ones include Raven Bow and Sharpshooter’s Oath.
- Raven Bow:
Base ATK (level 90): 40 (448)
Secondary Stat (level 90): ATK 6.3% (Invalid base2ndStat)
- Sharpshooter’s Oath:
Base ATK (level 90): 39 (401)
Secondary Stat (level 90): CRIT DMG 10.2% (46.9%)
Just like Messenger, both of them can be used for hunting targets from afar, allowing you to cause damage and poke opponents from afar while maintaining a safe distance. It is true that they are weaker compared to the other ones, but it is still worth using since it can deliver fast and continuous attacks that can overwhelm the opponents. If you want to know more about all of them, go to the communities or forums of the game.