A lot of people with PCs usually play the game with a mouse and keyboard, but some games are better with controllers. For those who have a Nintendo Switch Pro controller, fortunately, you are able to use this controller on your PC with ease. All that you have to do is to follow the guide on this page.
Method to connect a Switch Pro controller for Genshin Impact on PC
Apparently, the standard Bluetooth is supported by the Nintendo Pro Switch Pro controller. This one allows you to pair it wirelessly with your PC. This method only works for the computer that supports Bluetooth. Keep in mind that before starting the Bluetooth pairing process, the controller must be at least partially charged.
- In the beginning, select Bluetooth & other devices in the System Settings of your computer.
- Turning in the Bluetooth is important so please make sure to do it. turning on the Bluetooth means the toggle will be blue and there will be a text underneath that says Now discoverable as <PC name>.
- Now, it is time for you to focus on the Nintendo Switch Pro controller. You will have to find the sync button, which is able to be found next to the USB-C connector at the top of the computer. When you see it, press and hold it until you see the green lights at the bottom of the tool flashing in the ripple effect.
- The next step is to go back to your computer and click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Now a list of devices available for pairing should be shown by the system. Do not look for anything and just find a Pro Controller.
- The process of pairing will be started immediately and there will be a message of connecting showing up under the name of the device.
- In the end, the confirmation screen will be displayed. It is like a sign that now the controller is able to be used with the system. Aside from that, the bottom of the Switch Pro controller should also display just one square lit in green that is usually the far left one.
- The first thing that you will have to do is to go to the PC settings in your computer.
- Then, select PC and devices > Bluetooth. Actually, you are allowed to skip some and jump straight to these via the search system to find Bluetooth.
- Once you have found the Bluetooth, do not forget to turn it on. The text that says Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices will be seen.
- This step has something to do with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller. On this item, you will need to find the sync button, which is apparently located beside the USB-C connector at the top of the controller. Upon finding it, do not waste your time and press and hold it until the green lights are seen at the bottom of the controller in a ripple effect.
- After doing the step, go back to your computer and your screen should display a list of devices available for pairing. Find the one with Pro Controller, click on it, and then select Pair.
- Doing so will make the pairing process start. The progress of the process can be seen with the gray progress bar that is displayed under the name of the controller.
- Once everything is completed and the whole process is done, you will be able to see the word Connected. In addition, the bottom of the Switch Pro controller should also display just one square lit in green, which is usually the one on the left side.
In case your computer does not support Bluetooth, you can use this method instead. It is said that the Nintendo Switch Pro controller works with any USB-A to USB-C cable and the easiest one is the one that comes with the controller.
- First of all, you will have to connect the USB-A end of the cable to a USB port on your computer.
- When they are connected, it is time for you to plug the USB-C part of the cable into the top of your Nintendo Switch controller.
- Please be patient and wait for the Windows to recognize it. an audio cue should be heard when the process is on the way.
- You will be able to see a ring of blue light lighting around the Home button if Steam is working on your system.
There is a chance of the system not recognizing your controller when you try it for the first time. In this case, you can try to disconnect the cable from the controller and then put it back on.
Way to configure Steam for use with a Switch Pro controller
Once you have paired the Switch Pro controller or plugged it into your computer, several game launchers will automatically recognize it without having any drama. However, the case is a bit different with Steam. In this case, it is needed for you to enable support before it will work with your library of games.
- To enable the support, firstly, go to the menu bar of the Steam.
- When you are there, navigate Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings.
- Do not forget to check the box located beside the Switch Pro Configuration Support.
- If you like the default Nintendo layout more, then the Use Nintendo button layout also has to be checked. If not, then it will be left unselected to mimic the default Xbox controller layout.
You should be able to use a Switch Pro controller for Genshin Impact on PC easily by following these steps. In case you are having a hard time, do not hesitate to seek help from anyone that you think can help you.