Completing Light Upon the Sea, among other things, will unlock the Glow of a Thousand Lanterns Festive Fever stage for the Lantern Rite event. Here is a guide to reac the Glow of a Thousand Lanterns in Genshin Impact.
Reaching the Glow of a Thousand Lanterns
You are able to start the Light Upon the Sea by talking to Xiao in Wangshu Inn. For your information, Wangshu Inn is a landmark within Dihua Marsh, Liyue, built upon a massive stone pillar. Then, you have to talk to Verr Goldet and Huai’an (the latter will ask you to interact with some marked locations in the area). When you are done, Paimon and the Traveler will invite Xiao to watch the Lantern Rite Festival in Liyue Harbor. Of course, Xiao will prefer to be alone.
Talk to him once more at the Cliffside overlooking Liyue Harbor, then you have to go to the town itself. After that, you have to be treated to one of Genshin Impact‘s most dazzling cinematic. It has an adepti flying above Liyue Harbor as everyone’s Xiao Lanterns light up the night sky.
Well, that practically ends the quest, but you are not done yet. If you have already completed the second set of Lantern Rite Tales, you are going to reach the Glow of a Thousand Lanterns Festive Fever stage. So, make sure that you complete the second set of Lantern Rite Tales successfully. Many stuffs will be made available:
- Lantern Rite Tales III – Five mini-quests are live today.
- Theater Mechanicus – Portal of Wonders and Blink of an Eye mode
- Stand By Me – The players have to spend 1,000 Peace Talismans to get a 4-star character. If you have a particular character, you are going to get their constellation and Stars Glitter.
After reaching the Glow of a Thousand Lanterns stage in Festive Fever, the players are able to claim a 4-star character hailing from Liyue for free. The players are able to claim it from the Stand By Me event by exchanging 1000 Peace Talismans from the Theater Mechanicus challenge.
Festive Fever in Genshin Impact
As we know that Genshin Impact has introduced the Lanter Rite festival with the version 1.3 patch. The festival brings many mini-games, time-limited rewards, and other events into the game of Genshin Impact. Festive Fever is an obtainable points system which can be obtained by completing different assigned quests from the Lantern Rite event.
Festive Fever has three different stages. Here are they:
- We’ve Only Just Begun
- Guest Flocks From Afar
- Glow of a Thousand Lanterns
The first stage of the Festive fever starts from February 10th to February 28th. The second stage of the Festive fever will take place from Feb 14th to 28th. The last stage will take place from Feb 18th to 28th. Those three stages of the Festive fever are going to unlock different difficulty levels of the Theater Mechanicus challenge. Also, during the three stages of Festive Fever, The Origin of the Lanterns, Currents Deep Beneath the Lanterns, and the Light Upon the Sea quest will become available.
To get Festive Fever quickly and efficiently, the players have to complete the assigned quests and Lantern Rite tales. The Lantern Rite tales have some mini-quests and tasks assigned by NPCs. Each tale will give the reward for the players with 100 to 200 Festive Fever points. After further stages of Lantern Rite Tales are unlocked, the Festive Fever points are able to be obtained faster by accomplishing the requests of the NPCs.
As we mentioned previously, after reaching the Glow of a Thousand Lanterns stage in Festive Fever, the players are able to claim a 4-star character hailing from Liyue for free. The players are able to claim it from the Stand By Me event by exchanging 1000 Peace Talismans from the Theater Mechanicus challenge. For your information, the six featured characters in the Stand By Me event are Beidou (Electro), Ningguang (Geo), Xiangling (Pyro), Xinyan (Pyro), Xingqiu (Hydro), and Chongyun (Cryo). The claimed characters are able to be owned permanently by the players.
Lantern Rite Tales in Genshin Impact
Lantern Rite Tales are 26 World Quests that are only available during the Genshin Impact Version 1.3 event Lantern Rite. It can be undertaken by accepting the requests from Lantern Rite Tales on the Events menu. The quests are separated into 3 groups. Each group has one main quest unlocked by completing the event’s Story Quests, and that quest is a prerequisite for unlocking all other requests in that group. More requests are unlocked every day.
Lantern Rite Tales I
- Complete the first quest of “All That Glitters” (The Origin of the Lanterns).
- Complete the quest City of Chores.
- Verses and Vistas of Lantern Rite (Part I)
- Hammer and Wrench
- The Illumiscreen: I
- A Festive First Adventure
- Keeping Wanmin’s Patrons Fed
- Iron Ingot Meets Ziwei
- Mondstadters in Liyue
- Outspoken Linling
- Little Lantern, Little Wish
Lantern Rite Tales II
- Reach the Festive Fever stage Guests Flock From Afar.
- Complete the second All That Glitters quest, Currents Deep Beneath the Lanterns.
- Complete all of the requests in Lantern Rite Tales I.
- Complete the quest Wangshu Once Again.
- The Illumiscreen: II
- Where the Light Wanes
- Promises Remembered as Lanterns Rise
- Yesteryear’s Lanterns and the Guhua of Today
- A Very Festive Problem
- Yanxiao’s Crazy Kitchen
- Lantern Rite, Big Business?
- Lantern of the Wayfarer
- When Scholar and Legends Meet
- Lantern Rite Tales III
Lantern Rite Tales III
- Reach the stage “Glow of a Thousand Lanterns” in Festive Fever
- Complete the third quest of “All That Glitters” quest, Light Upon the Sea
- Complete the requests in the Lantern Rite Tales II
- Complete the quest Guests in Qingce.
- The Illumiscreen: III
- Guardians of the Countryside
- Qingce’s Lantern
- The Gift of a Lantern
- Verse and Vistas of Lantern Rite (Part II)