Dainsleif refers to the upcoming playable character in the popular game called Genshin Impact. His arrival was announced in the steam as the celebration of the game release. According to Wiki, he is a featured character for an unknown chapter of the Teyvat Chapter Storyline.
For those who have no idea, the focus of it is on the lost kingdom of Khaenri’ah, which is the nation where Kaeya is originally from. There is a possibility that the nation might be the place of origin of Dainsleif. The rumor is going strong as his overall design and eyepatch looks similar to Kaeya.
- Sex: Male
- Constellation: She huan zuo
- Nation: Khaenri’ah
- Titles: Bough Keeper
- Weapon: Sword
- How to get: Currently unobtainable
- Description: “The confluence between the past and future. The original calamity had been overturned, yet the island in the sky set the earth to burn. Chalk pursues gold, in this time inopportune, the eclipse is swallowed by the crimson moon. The future must atone for bygone mistakes, as the bond familiar falters and breaks – of the same blood, elders and the youth… Such is the cycle of the world, in truth. Dain, what is that strand of blonde hair to you? Someone you must kill? Of the object of your penitence?” – A self proclaimed prophet
Trivia of Dainsleif
- Dainsleif is known as the name of a sword owned by king Hogni. If you are a fan of Norse Mythology, you must be familiar with it.
- The one behind the narration of the Teyvat Storyline Trailer and the Collected Miscellany videos is Dainsleif. Some of the things that are revealed in these videos include:
- A power from beyond is used by him and he will oppose the world with it.
- He is eager to rescue the same person as the Traveler (the sibling of the Traveler has a high chance).
- His memory has everything but it lacks something as he tends to lose the thing that he has remembered.
- Just like somebody (probably the sibling of the Traveler), he is a white flowers enthusiast, as seen in the trailer.
- It has been a while since the Barbator left Mondstadt but for Dainsleif, it has only been half of a thousand years.
- 500 years ago, he faced evil enemies.
- In the past, he wanted to take fate in his own hands like Keqing.
- He is so good with time.
- If Albedo were to make a single wrong with his Alchemy, even someone like Dainsleif could not ignore it.
- He hates deities and does not like adept who signed contracts with the Geo Archon. However, he still has some respect for Ganyu.
- It seems like he has no idea that Venti and Zhongli are Barbator and Rex Lapis respectively.
Teyvat Chapter Storyline
It has been mentioned in the previous paragraph that Dainsleif is a featured character for an unknown chapter of the Teyvat Chapter Storyline. This one is a preliminary tutorial quest and is not included in any chapter. The name of the quest is Wanderer’s Trail.
Apparently, these quests start at the beginning of the game and have something to do with the rampage of Stormterror and the revelation for the freedom of God of Freedom. They are mostly in the Mondstadt region.
- Act: I: The Outlander Who caught the Wind
Rewards: 2,850 Adventure Rank EXP, 120 Primogems, 21,150 Mora, 10,975 Character Experience, 11 Fine Enhancement Ore, 24 Enhancement Ore, Level 1 Amber, Level 1 Kaeya, Level 1 Lisa, Level 1 Recurve Bow, Level 1 Traveler’s Handy Sword, Level 1 Otherworldly Story, 10 Sweet Madame, 10 Teyvat Fried Egg
- Act: II: For a Tomorrow Without Tears
Rewards: 3,700 Adventure Rank EXP, 100 Primogems, 84,575 Mora, 44,150 Character Experience, 84 Fine Enhancement Ore, 1 Memory of Roving Gales
- Act: III: Song of the Dragon and Freedom
Rewards: 2,725 Adventure Rank EXP, 80 Primogems, 81,275 Mora, 30 Adventurer’s Experience, 11 Mystic Enhancement Ore, 22 Fine Enhancement Ore, 1 Memory of Roving Gales, 1 Tainted Blood, Level 1 Barbara, Level 1 Favonius Warbow
This this Chapter 1, the quests are related to the Rite of Descension and the murder of the God of Contracts. They focus on the Liyue region.
- Act: I: Of the Land Amidst Monoliths
Rewards: 2,500 Adventure Rank EXP, 60 Primogems, 76,275 Mora, 30 Adventurer’s Experience, 18 Mystic Enhancement Ore
- Act: II: Farewell, Archaic Lord
Rewards: 4,075 Adventure Rank EXP, 120 Primogems, 143,700 Mora, 4 Hero’s Wit, 35 Adventurer’s Experience, 30 Mystic Enhancement Ore, 1 Memory of Immovable Crystals
- Act: III: A New Star Approaches
Rewards: 4,425 Adventure Rank EXP, 120 Primogems, 196,525 Mora, 30 Hero’s Wit, 36 Mystic Enhancement Ore, 1 Monolith Fragment, 1 Memory of Immovable Crystals
All the quests featured in this chapter are related to the rule of Inazuma Bakufu and the view of their Raiden Shogun. They revolve around the Inazuma region.
- Act: I: Omnipresence Over Mortals
2. Act: II: To be revealed
3. Act: III: To be revealed
The quests in the Chapter 3 have something to do with the God of Wisdom and the truth of the regions. The main focus is on a region called Sumeru.
- Act: I: Truth Amongst the Pages of Purana
- Act: II: To be revealed
- Act: III: To be revealed
Each quest in this chapter is related to the God of Justice and her judgement against her enemies. They focus on the Natlan region.
- Act: I: Masquerade of the Guilty
- Act: II: To be revealed
- Act: III: To be revealed
There are seven chapters in total. Please visit Wiki if you want to find the complete list.