You may feel that playing Genshin Impact by using a controller will be better. However, the question is, does this game have controller support? If you really want to play this game using controller support, you have to read this article to find the answer.
Controller Support for PC version of Genshin Impact
You are able to use PS4 and Xbox controllers in the PC version of Genshin Impact. By using it, you will be able to play the adventure in the game smoothly and also you can keep important controls easily.
You are able to set up controllers in Genshin Impact via USB cable. You have to plug your controller into the USB port of your PC so that it can be recognized. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to plug the USB cable of your controller into your PC or USB port of your laptop.
- After that, you have to open the Genshin Impact game and then access the Settings page. You can access it by pressing the Esc key.
- Now, you have to go to Controls and then click on the drop down menu on Control Type. After that, choose Controller.
You are also able to set up controllers in Genshin Impact via Bluetooth. How to do that? If you are using Windows 10, you can access the Start menu and then go to Bluetooth and Other Devices Settings. After that, you have to turn on your Bluetooth connection. Now, you have to click on Add Bluetooth or Other Device. Then, you must choose Bluetooth and then click on Wireless Controller. You have to make sure that you turn on your wireless controller and make sure that it is able to be found. Now, you have to open the Genshin Impact game. There, you have to go to Controls and then click on the drop down menu on Control Type. After that, choose Controller.
Controller Support for iOS version of Genshin Impact
In the past, you may be able to enjoy playing Genshin Impact using a controller only on PC and PS. Now, as a Genshin Impact player who uses iOS to play it, you are able to have the ability to play with a controller if you have the 1.3 version update of Genshin Impact.
In the Developer Discussion post, the team of miHoYO announced some upcoming changes. One of the changes that you will enjoy in Genshin Impact 1.3 version is that iOS players will be able to get controller support on iOS. There, you will be able to connect some different controllers by using Bluetooth. If you are one of the players who are waiting for this thing, then is it good news.
Even though in the update 1.3 you will be able to have controller support for iOS, it does not mean that you can use every controller. The controllers which can be supported by the game are the Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth Version), PlayStation DualShock 4, Xbox Elite Series 2, and iOS specialized Bluetooth controllers. For iOS-specialized Bluetooth controllers, it will be supported partially according to the development team of miHoYO. If you have iOS 14 or higher, the controllers that we have mentioned will be supported by Genshin Impact.
Controller Support for Android version of Genshin Impact
Until now, there is no information whether miHoYo will release controller support for Android. However, if you really want to use a controller to play Genshin Impact in your Android, you are able to try to use a third party app. By using a third party app, you will be able to play Genshin Impact on your Android by using a controller. What third party app can we use? It is Octopus – Gamepad, Mouse, Keyboard Keymapper. This app can be found on Google Play Store, so you are able to install it since it is free.
If you download this app, you will be permitted to configure the buttons on the screen to buttons of controllers. As a result, you are able to use a controller to play the game.
How to use Octopus App to configure your controller so that you can play Genshin Impact on Android with it? You are able to follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you need to install the Octopus App from Google Play Store.
- After you installed it, then you have to open the app and then connect the controller through the app.
- After you have connected it to the controller successfully, then you have to launch the Genshin Impact game through Octopus app. When the game is launched, you will see two eyes which appear from the top of the screen.
- Here, the thing that you have to do is to click on that logo and then on the plus sign button. By doing it, you will open a screen which depicts the buttons of the controllers.
- In this step, you need to put your left and right analog pad.
- Then, you have to map keys. To do that, you must click on the plus sign and on the key option. Now, you have to type the name of the button and then you must put on whatever functions that you want each key to the place whether it is for attacking, running or using special skills.
- After setting it, now you are able to try to map the keys so that you will know when you are using the controller.
It is important for you to note that even though you use this app, there are some features which cannot be mapped on the controller keys such as switching characters and upgrading weapons. To do these things, you have to use the touch screen of your Android. It means that using this app will not give you optimal experience.
If then you want the keys to disappear from the mobile screen, you are able to do that by changing the opacity settings from the same interface that you used to map the game keys.