If we talk about the best Sub DPS, there may be some Genshin Impact characters which can fill this position. But, if you want to choose one of them, it may be hard for you. So, you may need a recommendation for the best sub DPS.
The Best Sub DPS Character in Genshin Impact
What is a Sub DPS in Genshin Impact? Well, Sub DPS characters in Genshin Impact are your secondary source of damage and your main source of Elemental Reactions. Usually, these comes from their Elemental Skills and Burst. Who are the strongest Sub DPS characters? If you want to know the strongest Sub DPS characters, the answer is that those characters that require very little uptime and whose abilities persists when they are switched out.
The good team will have a sub DPS character which can share an element with your DPS and a sub DPS character that will be able to serve powerful elemental reactions based on the element of your DPS. So, who are the strongest sub DPS units in Genshin Impact? You can check the list below.
- Tier S: Mona, Xingqiu, Ganyu
- Tier A: Fischl, Xiangling, Zhongli, Albedo
- Tier B: Chongyun, Kaeya
- Tier C: Lisa, Traveler (Anemo)
- Tier D: Amber
Xingqiu as One of The Best Sub DPS
The whole kit of Xingqiu revolves around his rain swords. These things can be obtained through both of his abilities and reduce the amount of damage which is taken. The Raincutter ability that he has permits him to be able to pump out Hydro damage and also permit elemental combos even when he is off the field. To complete all of it, he is not bad at dealing physical damage himself. Here are the details of the abilities that are owned by Xingqiu.
- Guhua Style (Basic Attack)
Normal Attack: It will do five consecutive strikes.
Charged Attack: It will consume a certain amount of Stamina to unleash two rapid sword strikes.
Plunging Attack: It will plunge from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
- Fatal Rainscreen (Basic Ability)
Xingqiu does twin strikes with his sword, dealing Hydro DMG. Simultaneously, his ability makes the maximum number of Rain Swords and it will orbit your active character.
The Rain Swords have the following properties:
- If a character takes DMG, the Rain Sword will shatter and it reduce the amount of DMG taken.
- It can increase the resistance of the character to interruption.
- 20 percent of Xingqiu’s Hydro DMG Bonus will be changed to additional DMG Reduction for the Rain Swords.
- The maximum amount of additional DMG Reduction that is able to be obtained this way is 24 percent.
- Three is the initial maximum number of Rain Swords.
- Using this ability implements the Wet status onto the character.
- Raincutter (Ultimate)
- The Normal Attacks of your active characters will trigger consecutive sword rain attacks and dealing Hydro DMG.
- Rain Swords will stay at the maximum number throughout the duration of the ability.
- These effects carry over to other characters.
- Hydropathic (Passive 1) – Ascension 1
If a Rain Sword is destroyed or if its duration is expired, it will regenerate the current character’s HP which is based on six percent of Xingqiu’s Max HP.
- Blades Amidst Raindrops (Passive 2) – Ascension 4
Xingqiu obtains a 20 percent Hydro DMG Bonus.
- Flash of Genius (Passive 3) – Unlocked
If Character Talent Materials are crafted by Xingqiu, there will be a 25 percent chance for her to be able to refund a portion of the crafting materials which are used.
Now, let’s find out about the build. If we talk about Xingqiu, it is all about pumping out extra damage with his abilities. So, the weapons and artifacts may need to empower his Hydro abilities and reduce their cooldown. If you have a Favonius Sword, then you have to make sure that you put some bonuses for crit chance in your gear.
For Sacrificial Sword, after you damage an enemy with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40/ 50/ 60/ 70/ 80% chance to end its own cooldown. It is able to happen once every 30/ 26/ 22/ 18/ 14 seconds. Now, who about Favonius Sword? There is a 60/ 70/ 80/ 90/ 100% chance of critical hits to be able to produce one Elemental Orb which will produce six energy for the character. It will be able to happen once every 12/ 10.5/ 9/ 7.5/ 6 seconds.
Now, let’s talk about the team. Xingqiu can work well on most teams with an emphasis on elemental reactions. The characters like Lisa and Chongyun are able to do a ton of damage when they are combined with the Hydro damage of Xingqiu. In the list below, you are able to check the top tier team and budget team where Xingqiu as a Sub DPS.
Top Tier Team
- Main DPS: Diluc
- Sub DPS: Xingqiu
- Healer: Qiqi
- Support: Bennett
- Main DPS: Chongyun
- Sub DPS: Xingqiu
- Healer: Barbara
- Support: Noelle
How about the Talent Materials for Xingqiu? You are able to see them below.
- Talent Level-Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Gold
- Common Ascension Material: Damaged/Stained/Ominous Mask
- Weekly Material: Tail of Boreas
What is the best artifacts for Xingqiu? The Exile can be the simplest choice because it can help Xingqiu produce energy faster and supports allies whenever he makes an elemental burst. Nobblesse Oblige is rarer and it has the same affect, but buffs attack instead. If you are far enough in the game to have Heart of Depth, you can choose two piece bonus which can buff Hydro damage. It is handy since when you swap off of Xingqiu, his swords will rerain the buff. Here are the details of the artifacts for Xingqiu.
- The Exile: (2) Energy Recharge +20%. (4) If you use an Elemental Burst, you will reproduce 2 Energy for other party members every two seconds for six months.
- Noblesse Oblige: (2) Elemental Burst DMG +20%. (4) If you use an Elemental Burst, it will increase the ATk of all party members by 20% for 12 seconds.
- Heart of Depth: (2) +15% Hydro damage.